Head of Compliance
August 23, 2023
Slash is looking for a dynamic and experienced Head of Compliance to lead our compliance function. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in compliance within the fintech industry, a deep understanding of relevant regulations, particularly as it pertains to debit and credit card programs, and the ability to design and operationalize compliance processes that support Slash’s objectives while managing risk.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serving as Slash’s dedicated BSA officer, being responsible for the implementation of the compliance program, designing and operationalizing BSA/AML/OFAC monitoring systems, coordinating with partner financial institutions as required.
- Working internally to ensure policies and procedures are up to date and in line with requirements while ensuring implementation and periodic reporting. Also work to ensure training programs are administered properly and in a timely fashion.
- Reporting: Ensure that required regulatory and third-party reporting is completed in timely fashion, including overseeing the submission of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Conducting and overseeing BSA/AML/OFAC risk assessments, collecting and reporting annually as required, liaising with colleagues internally to build product and customer context. Perform and support the completion of any internal or external audit processes, overseeing corrective action to ensure continued compliance.
- Being an in-house domain-expert in payments, fintech and bank regulation, continuously monitoring developments and ensuring that the company remains in good standing.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience serving as a dedicated BSA officer and/or Head of compliance, or in a supporting BSA or fraud role, at a fintech or financial services company
- Experience in delivering compliant debit and credit card programs and fintech products, with knowledge on regulatory and reporting requirements
- Experience building and overseeing a compliance and monitoring program in a fast growing fintech company
- Familiarity designing and operationalizing transaction and money movement monitoring systems
- Past experience conducting, delivering and/or supporting risk assessments and internal or external audits as required by regulation or third parties.
- CAMS or CBAP certification is preferable but not required.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity for high growth
- High autonomy + ownership culture
- Comprehensive health + benefits plan
- Unlimited PTO